Central Auditory Processing Disorder is the impaired ability to attend, discriminate, recognize or comprehend auditory information even though hearing and intelligence are within normal limits.
Symptoms of Central Auditory Processing Disorder include but are not limited to:
- Individual easily distracted or bothered by loud noises.
- Individual is upset in noisy environments.
- Individual’s performance improves in quieter enviornments.
- Individual has difficulty following simple and complex commands.
- Individual has difficulties with reading, spelling and writing.
- Individual is disorganized.
- Individual has difficulty following conversations.